Thursday, March 04, 2010

Happy 40th Birthday

I was recently informed that one of my loyal readers just celebrated his 40th Birthday. Up and over the hill goes another one. A friend, reader and former co-worker/boss, Steve Nevermann. I have known Steve since I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior. Steve has a lot of stories to tell. Let me briefly go through a couple.
As long as I have known him, if he dresses up for Halloween, it is as a female something, cave woman, biker chick, etc.
In high school during Homecoming he was accused and punished for ripping a 20 foot by 40 foot door off of a barn that was sheltering the sophomores Homecoming float. He was also accused and punished for trashing said float. In fact I think he took the fall for everyone and was the only one punished.
He learned to barefoot waterski but first screwing ping pong paddles to the bottom of a pair of shoes. While on the topic of barefoot waterskiing, he performed two of the coolest water ski moves I have ever seen. Number one, a deep water start after jumping off of the top of a pontoon boat. Number two, a double ski jump out.
Once while at a bar we were playing darts, he told me if I got three bullseyes that he would tip over a row of motorcycles that were parked in front of the bar. I know it is shocking but that was the first and only time I have ever hit three bullseyes in one turn. The bikes never got pushed over.
In his high school / college years he fixed up two beater cars that he had purchased. Both were involved in car accidents that totalled them shortly after the last coat of paint was applied. In fact, my mom and I were the only ones to see the first car with a fresh coat of paint, as he got in an accident and flipped the first car the night he got it back from the paint shop.
During a high school soccer game while playing full back he caught a shot from the other team while in the penalty box not knowing that the goalie was standing right behind him. This is a move that I have copied and done a couple of times in the past. It never gets old, unless it is a close game.
I think those are all of the stories I can come up with for the time being.

Happy Birthday Steve.

Oh I remembered some other stories that have been previously posted. Here are the links:
Wedgie Fever
Hunting For Dogs
Picking Up the Tab

There is another story about snowmobiling through downtown Dousman that I have to find.

No comments: